Sunday, May 14, 2006

Time is flyin'

I can't believe that it's just under a month till my first 'A' race of the season. I don't know what it is, but the last few months have flown by. It seems like just last week I was doing my first race of the season, and it's been over a month ago.

Sugar Mtn is gonna be a super challenging race for me, and call me crazy, but I'm kinda looking forward to it. I might change my tune halfway thru the race, but for right now I'm excited.
My training has been going well, with one exception...I haven't been getting in as many hours as I'd like. I've got to buckle down over these last few weeks. Yesterday I did some sprints and some hill acceleration intervals. It wasn't a long ride, but it was a quality one. I'll take quality in a pinch. If I can get some good quantity with quality intervals then I'll be very pleased with my form leading into the race. This coming week I'll be stepping up both intensity and volume.

No comments: