Friday, May 05, 2006

Gettin' with the program

Got a late start today, and logged in an hour of saddle time. I did make good use of the time though. I did some high speed sprints. I was planning on doing some Power Intervals, but yesterday zapped the life out of my legs.

How my legs felt today
(Editorial note: That is not a real person, I'm not that twisted. It's from the movie "Lifeforce".)


Despite the lifeless legs, the sprints went well. After two intense days of riding I'm tossing around whether I should take tomorrow off or not. I guess I'll just see how the legs feel in the morning.

The course map has been posted for the Sugar Mtn race, and yow! that has the potential to be an ass kicker...at least for this flatlander. Sugar Mtn boasts 1200 vertical feet, the most in NC. It looks like the XC course utilizes most, if not all of that 1200ft. I guess I started on climbing workouts not a moment too soon. At this stage, I don't know how long the course is, or how many laps we'll be doing. They're supposed to have over 20 miles of double and singletrack, and from what I can tell the race course uses quite a bit of it, like in the 8-10mile range.

I just realized that the last few pics I've posted have been from movies. Time to move on to more original content. Been too lazy to carry my camera with me on my rides, but I better start carrying it again...I've got standards to maintain. A reputation to uphold. Ya know?

No comments: