Friday, February 02, 2007

It doesn't take much

I'm closing in on the end of the week, and as of this morning I still had 5hrs to get in. Yesterday it rained all damn day, and today the temperature was about 17 degrees colder...ohh, and it was cloudy with high humidity. Despite the less than stellar weather I had to get at least 2hrs of saddle time in. Attired in my usual array of every stick of winter clothing I own, I struck out on what would be a grueling 2hr ride. See, there was a piece of the puzzle I wasn't aware of until I got into my ride...a nasty headwind.
Overall I stayed fairly warm except for my feet. I did feel some wind blowing thru my fleece jacket, but I wasn't in any real distress. The wind though, combined with the cold feet and slight chill combined to make a miserable time. Maybe 15-20 minutes in I was thinking how I could make up the time in the next couple of days if I cut the ride short. It was that bad.

In the end I man'd up and suffered thru it, but that had to be the toughest ride I've had since last season. I'll be happy if I don't have any more of days like this for the rest of the '07 season.

No comments: