Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dumb, or just stupid?

I woke up bright and early today, in order to get some riding in the morning hours since my work schedule was gonna screw up any chance of an afternoon session.

Everything was going to plan right up until I arrived at my usual riding spot.
The plan was for 30-40 miles. As I was getting my helmet and gloves on, military police (I ride on Air Force property) pulled up and proceeded to ask for my recreational permit. Upon producing my permit, the MP informs me that due to a training mission the road is closed a mile and a half up. Great. Just perfect. So much for my 30-40 miles. I was tempted to go home and get at least an hour in riding in the neighborhood, but I quickly dismissed that as it would cut into my time. So I said, "the hell with it...I'm gonna get some saddle time in come hell or high water!" Now, in a move that bespeaks of intense dedication or insanity, I proceeded to log 20 miles, but I was never more than a mile and a half from the car [*Note- Everyone that I have recounted this story to has gone with 'insane'].

Insane or not, at least I wasn't alone. There were 2 others out there doing the same thing as me.

So, what do you think? Dedicated or insane? Feel free to lie just to make me feel better.

No comments: