Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One is the loneliest number

I was out burnin' up the roads again this morning on the road bike. When you do long miles, your mind starts to wander and you think of all kinds of things. Unfortunately, you never really think of anything super deep, just off the wall stuff.

Take today for instance. It occurred to me that I never seem to hook up with anyone out on the road that is at my fitness level or better. I welcome the opportunity to tag along with a faster rider...it would give me a chance to get near race pace sessions in on occasion. But as it works out, I only seem to come upon people who are out for a leisurely ride. If there's someone riding who is there for a real workout, they're either finishing when I'm getting ready to start or vice versa. As a result of that I've done all my road training all by my lonesome.

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone



On a slightly different note, as of todays ride I've logged 500 miles for the month of August. I think I've been riding that new bike a bit.


No comments: