Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So this is what it's like to have a BIG chainring

Did a long ride today. The new bike is great, even if I'm still trying to get used to it. I knew that the different gearing would make the rides a bit harder, but I wasn't prepared for how much difference there would be. On the old bike I could turn 85-95rpm and not feel too worn out afterwards. As I type this though, the legs are kinda sore. But it's a good kind of sore...it just means that it's gonna make me stronger.
Once I get used to the handling I will probably give the Tues night Hammerfest a shot. I've got to be a little more sure of myself on the bike before I get thrown into a peloton, pacelines, etc.
I've been told that there's one particular guy to stay away from...he's caused several bad accidents, and I think the person who told me this was being kind when he called the guy "aggressive".
I'm going on record right now. If that dude causes me to go down, I'm gonna f**k him up.

As promised, here are a couple pics of the new ride:



Formula One composite, baby!

The stats for today's ride:
Time- 1:55
Distance- 40.2 miles





No comments: