Sunday, August 13, 2006

That really chaps my...

I am loving the TCR, but with one exception. Is it the no-name brakes? The average tires, or possibly the heavy wheels? No, no and no. All those items I can deal with. They're not even an issue. What I am talking about is my saddle.The Fi'zi:k Aliante...Sport that is.


People seem to rave about the more expensive versions of the Aliante, but I can't say a whole lot for the OEM Sport Aliante that came standard on my Giant. Of course, saddles are a very personal thing, so take my comments with a grain of salt. It doesn't work for me, but I'm sure that there are numerous people out there who love it. To my delicate behind, it is some sort of medieval torture implement. I gave it a decent chance to prove its worth, but after 170 miles it hasn't won me over...so a saddle change is on the menu.

I (my rear, to be exact) prefer saddles that have a flatter profile. When the tail curves up, it makes for an uncomfortable time. After staring slackjawed at some of the exorbitant prices of saddles, I made a choice. I'm gonna give the Selle Italia SLK a shot. Selle Italia have been making saddles since like, the Jurassic period, so I think they know how to make a good seat. Anyway...the SLK looks like it could be just the ticket for Behind bliss. I should have it by mid week, and I'm sure it won't take but one or two rides to see if it has the magic feel.


I almost forgot...
Big props go out to JHK and Shonny Vanlandingham for taking the 2006 NMBS XC titles. JHK is the first American to win the NMBS title since 2000. For the last 5yrs the title has been in Canadian hands. Kabush almost took it again this year.

No comments: