Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Missed it by that much

The good news is I was able to rearrange my schedule to attend the weekly Tues ride, the bad news is, I missed the group. Traffic was horrible, so I got to the meeting spot at about 5:02 or so. When I pulled up there was no one around. I figured they must've just left, so I hurried and got my crap squared away and took off thinking I'd be able to catch up to them, or at least catch sight of them. I knew I'd catch sight of the slower group sooner or later, so I kept a good pace the whole way out. Well, to make a painfully long story short I never caught up with the main bunch. About 17 miles out I just turned around, and ended up working with a guy taking turns doing pulls back to the parking area.

I'll have to try this again in the next couple of weeks, and next time I'll have the knowledge that the ride starts promptly at 5pm.

No comments: