Sunday, April 30, 2006

Get a clue

Listen to the trees, kola.

What would the trees say? "Don't ride during a wind advisory." Yesterday's ride was indeed a sufferfest. The only bright side was the fact that since I was prepared for riding in the wind, it didn't wreak havoc with me mentally. When I'm not prepared for the wind (which is most of the time) it really gets to me. At times I'm tempted to lay down in the middle of the road and let some military vehicle run me over and put me out of my misery (tongue is planted firmly in cheek). Even being mentally prepared for it, you still can't get too rosey an outlook when you're riding into a 20mph headwind.
Between Friday's higher intensity ride and yesterday's wind sufferfest my legs are a little sore. Couple the soreness with rainy conditions and I think that is a recipe for taking a day off the bike.Of course, since I am a total bike nut if the weather clears up then I may very well end up out on the bike afterall.

No comments: