Monday, April 24, 2006

Grandiose

I've been keeping up with the Tour de Georgia, and they've had those cool climbs...Brasstown Bald, and Burnt Mountain. We have "10 Mile Hill". That's one of the bummers of living in a relatively flat place... no climbs with cool names.
I rode for an hour today and logged a measly 300 or so feet of accumulated climbing. That is just wrong. Nevertheless, it was a good ride. I did some LT threshold intervals, which made for a good hard effort. The leg is still bothering me some, and I think it's gonna take some time for it to heal totally. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt any worse after riding. I am prepared though, that if this keeps lagging on and perhaps does start hurting more after a ride, that I might have to pull the plug on the 12Hrs of Tsali. That way I could get some recovery time in and then be prepared for the Sugar Mtn NORBA event. We'll see how these next couple of weeks go.

Back to the Tour de Georgia...
As expected, Danielson won the Brasstown Bald stage. The big news is that Floyd Landis hung with Danielson during that stage and went on to win the event today. I called that one right, too bad I don't get nuttin' for it.


Big props to Landis though. Tour of California, Paris-Nice, now the Tour de Georgia...Floyd's the man! Here's hoping this great form continues on to the Tour de France.

No comments: