Tuesday, April 04, 2006

T-Minus 5 and counting

I got some time in yesterday on the mtn bike. I included some Power jumps, to work on my explosive power for sprints and stuff. I can already see that I want to make some more gains in the power department. I think I'm gonna step up the weight routine. I'm capable of producing some pretty good power, but I think it could be a bit better. I was surprised at how cooked I was yesterday, after Sunday's marathon race pre-ride session. I kept a good pace, but my legs were really feeling a lack of love.

I can't get over how dry and dusty it is out on the trails. Here in Florida we have a problem with sand, but throw in a lack of rain and the sand really becomes nasty.
Speaking of dry and dusty. The dry conditions were/are the one downside of the course for the upcoming race. I haven't ridden in such dry conditions since the Tom Brown stop on the Florida State Series. I'd like to think we'll get a little (emphasis on "little") rain on Friday evening or Sat morning....pack things down a bit. That might be asking too much though.
Check how dirty my legs were after Sunday's ride...

Pay no attention to the goofy tan thing going on.

Today will be a rest day, gonna need it after yesterday's lackluster ride.



No comments: