Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm back!

After 3 days of no riding I was anxious to get the legs spinning again. There was still a twinge of soreness there, so I kept it low key and rode the mtn bike with the usual suspects on the Thursday ride. I've given it some thought, and I think that I twisted my knee instead of tweaking a muscle. I remember during a mtn bike ride last week that I went down, and I was trying to get the one foot that was still clipped in, loose, and I think I used a bit too much gusto in trying get my foot out and twisted my knee.
The good news about today's ride that while I still am feeling the pain in my knee, its just a minor nuisance. I'm gonna give the road a go tomorrow afternoon. Gotta ramp the training back up.

I see that Floyd Landis was the man in the TT at the Tour de Georgia. But Tom Danielson (who won last year's TdG) is only a few seconds behind, and Saturday's stage...the famous Brasstown Bald climb is tailor made to Danielson's strengths. It's where he won the event last year. Can he do it again?
I like Danielson, but I gotta go with Floyd. He's been having a phenomenal year so far. I'd like to see him keep it up.


I think this is all the damage I can do for now. Need. Sleep.

No comments: