Sunday, April 02, 2006

Seven days and counting

Next Sunday is my first race of the season, and I must say that I'm quite excited about it. This is an early season fitness test, so I'm anxious to see how my training is working out.
Today I rode the race course so I could make sure I was familiar with the layout as the trails there can be confusing at times. I started riding at 9:30am and left for home at 2:30pm, with over 2hrs of actual riding time. I managed to get two laps in, and I'm now confident in my knowledge of the course layout. I hope that it is a bit cooler next Sunday. It was in the mid 80's today. I'll be racing early in the day, but the cooler the better.

Ride totals:
2hrs 17 min
23 miles
25mph max

Now for a couple of pics.


Part of the crew I rode with this morning. The guy in the center is Cal, he's like from another world...super fast.




Some wildlife seen on today's ride. For those with an inquiring mind, it is a Gopher Tortoise.


I've decided to keep my schedule "as is". This will be a R&R week with 3 days off the bike and 5.5hrs of riding. I'm gonna make it a nice mix of road riding and mtn bike. I think I'm gonna work on power this week....do some sprints and stuff in preparation for the race.

No comments: