Thursday, April 13, 2006

Moving on

It's been 4 days since the race, and I'd like to say I'm still basking in what is my most satisfying race to date, but there's no rest for the weary. I have 2 important races over the next 2 months, so training resumed the day after the race.

Despite a good performance at the race, and faster and faster times, my training has been in a slump for the 3 or so weeks prior to the race. It was a case of life getting in the way. Why do I mention that? I got back out on the road on Monday to continue my training for my upcoming events...and it's been so long since I've gotten some quality/high intensity rides that between Mon and Wednesday's rides it has left my legs a little lifeless. I noticed it the most on the group mtb ride today.
Between now and my next race I've got to be super strict on my training so I can be totally prepared come May 20th.

The final results were put up from the race, and I beat 2nd place by just over 3 minutes. I'm very very pleased with how the race turned out. Now I just have to step it up a notch for the rest of the season.

No comments: