Friday, April 14, 2006

I am SO done


That's what my legs felt like after today's ride. Those messed up weeks affected me more than I thought. Today's ride kicked my ass. I'm mad at myself for letting my training get so screwed up. Even though there were some things that happened that were out of my control, I could've shoehorned some saddle time in.
I'm even going so far as to restart Build 2 on Monday. This week I'm just gonna get some more long rides in and try and get my endurance back on track before starting high intensity stuff. I tried some LT threshold intervals today, and after the first one my legs said in so many words "Oh, hell no!"

I'll get there though.

On a more positive note...
I'm looking VERY hard at a road bike. I've pondered, and ruled out a couple brands already (for various reasons).
The LBS is building up one of these for me to test ride.

They're also building a TCR Composite 3

I'm partial to the TCR1, due to the better components selection. The TCR has mostly Ultegra, while the TCR composite is made up of Shimano 105.
If I do prefer the ride of the aluminum TCR, the shop is gonna order a Cannondale R1000 for me to try as well.

No comments: