Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hump day

It's Wednesday and I only have 2.5hrs in. I was hoping to get a 2hr ride in today, but life had other ideas. John Lennon was right..."life is what happens when you're making other plans." I usually plan my longest rides for the weekend, but with our recent weather, that proposition makes me a little nervous. I'm thinking of moving my 3hr ride to Friday, and do a 1.5hr ride tomorrow. That will put me at 7hrs by the end of Friday.

I know I'm obsessing over the amount of hours I'm getting in right now, but I'm just trying to do my best to get as much riding in as possible. I want my aerobic capacity to be at the best I can get it by the time I start upping the intensity in later periods. If I can get thru the next 5 1/2 weeks with as few disruptions to my schedule as possible, I'll feel really good.


Ohh, here is that pic of my poor spoke.


From the Random Files...

If you've not seen "Off Road to Athens", then you need to do yourself a favor and get it. I got ORtA as a Christmas gift, but if I had to I would've bought it myself. It's about several riders chasing 3 slots on the US Olympic Mtn Bike team. The story is very compelling, as there is some real drama taking place, especially among the women. The racing action is some of the best I've seen, and I can't say enough about the music. Haik Naltchayan did a great job of capturing the mood of the races and the locations that they take place. This is a first rate documentary, one guaranteed to entertain as well as ellicit some real emotion.

No comments: