Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Race planning begins

Now that the new year is upon us, it's time to start planning my race calendar. I already have a few events in place, but many have not nailed down their dates yet, so I have a number of question marks on my calendar.

One event that is set is the E100 in Utah.
This race takes place in August. It's a 100 mile race thru some primo singletrack on the outskirts of Park City. I am planning on doing one ultra endurance race this year. It's either the E100, or the Off Road Assault on Mt Mitchell. I'm leaning towards the E100, just because it is a longer event and it'd be in a part of the country that I've never ridden before.

Here's the catch. I'm gonna have to make up my mind in the next couple of weeks. Registration for the E100 opens on 1/15, and they have a cap of 499 riders. I'd be surprised if the race didn't fill up within a few hours of registration opening.

Decision time. Anybody have any thoughts on the subject? I'd love to hear some feedback.

No comments: