Monday, January 09, 2006

Stopping to smell the roses

This being the end of Base 1, today was to be a rest day since I finished up my weekly hrs on Saturday. I decided last minute though to join a group mtn bike ride over at the UWF trails in Pensacola. With all my training time spent in the saddle, rest days really should be taken, but I decided that it was high time for some fun. Lately, I've only been getting out on the mtn bike once a week for the usual Thursday night ride...and that's just not right.

No offense Lance, but compared to mtn biking, riding on the road is about as much fun as watching grass grow.


It was great getting out on the mtn bike and not worrying about cadences, heart rates, or training zones. The ride was a lot of fun, I've only ridden in P'cola a few times, and I've never ridden with this bunch before, so I'm glad I did it. There were some fast guys there. I was hustling to keep up, and I still think they coulda dropped me whenever they wanted to. But I held my own.

I'll go again soon, but for now, back to the training.

No comments: