Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Trail Carnage

It was a beautiful day today, the kind of day that was meant for riding. No big surprise that I took the opportunity to log some miles. 30 miles in 1.5hrs made for a good workout, and a good start to the week's training.

In the late afternoon I did a night ride on the mtn bike with a group of friends. Felt pretty good considering I'd already logged a fair amount of miles. Early on in the ride I caught something, that for a split second brought me to a stop. I looked down but didn't see any problems. Near the end of the ride we were all stopped, waiting for the rest of the group to catch up. As I was getting on my bike, I thought I saw a stick or some pine straw stuck in my spokes. Unfortunately for me it was neither... it was a broken spoke (picture to follow). That really annoyed me, which goes without saying. But at least it is just a spoke. Those can be replaced fairly easy and without any major costs. What can you do?


I've got 9.5hrs of ride time to do over the next 5 days. I'm almost regretting having taken my one rest day already. 5 straight days of riding...I'm gonna be one tired fella.


No comments: