Thursday, January 26, 2006

Too many races, too little time

Today was another good ride. Attempted the big gear climbs again, this time on a different hill. This hill is a little longer, but lacks a place to be able to get the HR up prior to hitting the climb. Instead, I just focused on turning a big gear and said "the hell with the heart rate". Also, I made a point of turning a lower RPM than the exercise calls for. I think it might be a decent substitute...all things considered.

I just learned of a new race. The Santos Triple Bypass, which takes place on April 22-23. The idea of a stage race sounds very cool, but earlier in the month (the 9th, to be exact) is the Bryson City (Tsali) stop on the SERC series. Since I'll be in the midst of a Build period, I don't want too many races early on. I was planning on using the SERC race as an early season test of my fitness level. I'm afraid that if I do another race a few weeks later that would do some harm to my long term race fitness, despite having a blast doing the race. Of course, I could bypass the SERC race and just do the Triple Bypass instead. That is definitely something to consider.

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean,
Definitely do the Santos Triple Bypass. It's the first time such an event will take place in FL, it will be great, I'm especially looking forward to the marathon!
If you haven't already check this forum http://www.mtbflorida.net/phpbb2/index.php

Luis (ingluis at mtbr)

Sean said...

Luis,

I am definitely giving it some serious thought. I'll give that site a look see.

Thanks.