Saturday, February 11, 2006

1st week of Base 3- All ass.

This week has not been a good week for training. Trying to get some warranty work done on my vehicle really f&^%ed up two days worth of training, and then some work related issues kept me from getting in my ride today (Friday). The only bright spot was that I got about 45 minutes in on the mtn bike this afternoon, with some friends. It wasn't quality time, but it was fun hangin' with some buds.

I'm hoping to salvage my week's training with long rides on Saturday and Sunday. It looks as if the weather might be against me for Sat. though. We're looking at a wind advisory for most of the day, so that means winds in excess of 20mph. Riding in a 20+mph headwind...that's some major suckage right there.

I'm tempted to restart the Base 3 period next week. I know life can change my training plans, so I'm trying not to obsess over missing a day here and there...maybe I shouldn't restart the period, and just move on as if nothing had happened.

No comments: