Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pushing yourself

During Friday's workout I included some more cruise intervals, and by the time I finished the first 7 minutes session I was wondering if I shouldn't just pull the plug on doing the intervals for today. After my 3 minutes of recovery I decided to give a second interval a go. I almost quit about half way thru the second interval, but like the first one, I pressed on. I would eventually do my alloted 4x7 min workout.

I rode for an hour and a half, and got my interval in, but it wasn't a day that stood out, at least not in respect to setting any kind of personal best in speed/distance, etc. But I was extremely pleased with the workout today. I felt like canning the intervals, but yet I pushed thru and completed my tasks, and completed them very competently...I didn't shuffle my way thru them, despite having some serious doubt early on if I was in the right frame to do them.

Ya know, I think that's why so many people pursue endurance based sports... not to garner praise and recognition, as much as seeing how far you can push yourself, and come out the other side a stronger/better person for it.

No comments: