Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Retard...

Idiot, dummy, dipsh*t!

Yes, I'm refering to myself.
During my ride today, I let my competitive juices start flowing, and I paid a price. I had been out an hour into my 2 hr ride, and was heading for home when I saw a fellow cyclist pass me going in the opposite direction. After two or three minutes I look back and see this fellow has turned around and is heading in the same direction as me. Well, I know this guy isn't trying to race me or anything, but I make a decision...this guy is NOT gonna catch me, and no way in hell is he gonna close that gap! So, for the next hour I keep up the pace. Here's where the stupid part comes in. I had already done cruise intervals in the first hour of my ride. That last hour was essentially an hour long cruise interval. Retarded, I know.

I'm paying the price now. My legs are expressing their displeasure with me. Now, that said, the ride went pretty well. My avg HR was within the proper zone, the intervals went well, and I got my alloted time in.

Somebody remind me not to push myself like that during training.

No comments: