Sunday, February 12, 2006

Change of pace...it's all downhill from here

Saturday was too cold to ride on the road, so I opted for the mtn bike and some singletrack.




Other than the wind, it was a gorgeous day. Even the temperature wasn't that bad... it was just that dang wind! The ride was going well, I had a good rhythm happening, it was almost making up for the lack of real training time I'd been able to get in during the week. It was about this time that I got brought back to reality. I don't know what it was, maybe a stump, but something stopped my bike dead. It probably doesn't come as a surprise that I went over the handlebars. The post crash assessment revealed a couple of bruises and a scrape, and a slight muscle twinge in my back, but no real damage. My handlebars needed some straightening, but all in all no harm done. Although...when I got home I discovered that I had really jacked up a muscle in my back. There was a spot on my back that was VERY sore. Any pressure on that spot and a wave of pain would spread that would just about take my breath away.
The good news is, today my back is a lot better, while still sore, that spot can at least be pressed on without it sending me to my knees. The bad news is that muscle injury put the kibosh on any riding today. So, week 1 of base 3 goes in the toilet. I think this coming week will be much better.

No comments: