Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bicycles and bank robbers

The hour and a half ride went well, nothing dramatic to report. I was hoping to get a second 1.5hr ride in this afternoon(thought I'd be clever and split up my 3hr ride), but my schedule just didn't permit. That means I've gotta do 3hrs tomorrow(the Oak Mtn trip was cancelled due to bad weather-cold and rainy). Yippee.

A local club is starting a mtb time trial on Sunday and there will be two more in March and April. They're doing them for fun, so it's not like there are any prizes...unless you count personal gratification and perhaps bragging rights. I'm thinking about giving it a go as it would be a good race pace test for me, another way to test my progress to date, if you will.

Now, for the local update. We had a bank robbery the other day...right here in my little ole town. A town of about 12,000 people and we have a bank robbery. Here's the best part. The thief robbed the bank in the middle of the day, and without any kind of mask. What a retard! I'm sure that if the police have not caught the guy, they at least know who he his. Can we make stupidity a capitol offense?

No comments: