Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cruise control


Today was a really good ride day. Everything was clicking. I got my time in, and even did my cruise intervals. I managed a couple of personal time/distance bests as a result of those cruise intervals. Two hours went by really fast...which is surprising, as the 2hr and longer rides seem to go on forever. Not today though. I was in the zone!

My schedule has freed up to allow me to go with a group up to Oak Mtn State Park on Saturday. I've never been to Oak Mtn, but I've heard great things about the trails there.

I've got a 1UpUSA trainer, and I've been noticing that while riding on it, at times the resistance will jump sharply, as if I applied the brakes. After an email exchange with one of their reps, they have sent me a UPS shipping label to send the unit back. They say they'll repair it and send it back the same day. That's good customer service!

I just found out the UWF Fat Tire Challenge will be on April 9th. That's the same weekend as the Bryson City stop of the SERC series. I'm thinking of staying close to home and doing the UWF race. Get a little early season racing in, but stay close to home at the same time.

No comments: