Monday, February 27, 2006

Not feelin' the love

My sinuses must've been bothering me, because most of the day I was wanting to stretch out on the sofa for a nap. I forced myself to go ride, and then it was out on the trails. The wind was up around 20mph or so, and I just couldn't see myself battling that today. Despite being draggy the ride went well. I cleaned every obstacle, and kept up a good steady pace. Add in the fact that it was a gorgeous day and I don't really have anything to complain about.

This past week's hours didn't add up like I planned, but I'll focus on this coming week, which is the last week of base.

This past week really affected me, or wore on me, if you will. I don't mean physically either. This was mental. As the week progressed I'd start dreading the longer rides that were still to come. Between the mental "psych out" of progressively longer rides at the end of the week and the seemingly inevitable weather jinx that hits right when the long rides are to happen, I'm thinking of trying to get at least one of my longer rides in during the week...if time/work will permit.

No comments: