Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Changin' it up!

Got another hour in the saddle, although I would've much prefered that to be an hour and a half in the saddle, but beggars can't be choosers.

Despite the ride not being as long as I wanted, it was still an hour well spent. Incorporated a new workout into the ride. Cruise intervals...


No, not THAT Cruise. These are intervals of 6 minutes done in the 4 or 5a zone. I did 4 sets for a total of 24 minutes(4x6). In addition to HR I also used RPE to gauge how hard I was working. I need to get used to using Perceived Exertion because that will be an important tool in my races.

On a related note, I'm really starting to see some changes to my fitness. When I ride in zone 2 and get my HR up into the 150s I used to be able to tell. My breathing would get ever so labored, but today I was cruisin' along and glanced down and noticed my HR was in the mid to upper 150s and I was breathing easy and not winded at all. It's awesome to see more and more progress from this training.

On an UNrelated note...my site got some free press from that 24hr Superfreak, Jeff Kerkove. I guess I'm gonna have to get more creative and witty in my posts. The pressure is on, can I handle it?

No comments: