Sunday, February 11, 2007

At the start of last week, as I was looking at the number of training hours I had ahead of me, I was wondering if I'd get all 10.5 hrs in...and this was after completing a ride. Well, today is Sunday and I'm happy to report that I got my hours in. I even went over my time by an hour.

It was a long week. I rode everyday from Monday thru Saturday. The only respite I got was a recovery ride on Friday, and let me tell you, I needed that easier ride. After Thursday I was really feeling worn out. Thankfully Friday's easy ride recharged my batteries for the big day on Saturday, and a big day it was.
I left the house just before 8am and didn't get back until after 1:30pm. It was a gorgeous day, if a little cool, so it made for a good ride. The Saturday club rides make are a good way to get those longer rides done. It sure beats riding alone for 3hrs.

For all you Northerners, you'll have fun with this. By looking at the riders in this pic you would think it is REALLY cold. Well, when I snapped it was probably around 45 degrees or so. Can you imagine what they'd dress like when it is honest to God cold?


One of the great things about riding with a group. Wind protection while in a paceline!


So, exactly how many cyclists does it take to change a tire?


Except for a recovery week starting tomorrow, I am finished with Base riding. Next up volume will decrease while intensity skyrockets.

No comments: