Sunday, February 25, 2007

Local boy does good

The Tour of California has just wrapped up, and California boy Levi Leipheimer secured overall victory. If you didn't catch it, you missed a lively, action packed race. Levi's Discovery teammate George Hincapie broke his arm during Saturday's stage, and still managed to finish the stage and subsequently help keep the gold jersey on Leipheimer's back...what a stud! I hope he recovers quick enough to be on form for his bid at the spring classics.

While I enjoyed the Tour of California, I sure wish '06 winner Floyd Landis would've been competing, but alas it wasn't to be. On a related note... from what I've been reading lately, it sure appears that things are swinging in Floyd's favor. I'm pulling for Floyd, because dammit, I believe him when he says he hasn't taken any PEDs. I'm just afraid that he's gonna get off on a technicality, and while it gives him the right to return to racing, getting off like that will still have many people doubting his innocence...which I'm sure is something he is all too aware of.

The court of public opinion is the harshest court on the planet.

No comments: