Tuesday, February 06, 2007

New soles

After almost 3000 miles on my current tires, it was time to get new shoes for the roadie. What necessitated it was the fact that I noticed this morning that my front tire was soft (that's the same tire that gave me so much trouble on Saturday). I found some a piece of glass embedded in the tire, and I think that was the culprit or at least part of the problem. It wasn't deep enough to out and out poke thru the tire, because when I initially got that flat I ran my fingers around the inside of the tire and I didn't feel anything. I think it wouldn't poke thru until there was some weight/pressure on the tire.

Whatever the cause, I took it as a sign to slap some new rubber on there. The previous tires were Maxxis Detonators, and they were super durable. Saturday was the first flat I had encountered since I put those tires on. My local bike shop didn't have a lot of selection when it came to reasonably priced tires, and it just so happens that they had Detonators in stock, I figured why change something that works?

No comments: